Shenyang Taoxian International Airport
Client: Shenyang Taoxian International Airport
In 2019, the Landrum & Brown team won the Shenyang Taoxian International Airport terminal area planning optimization and airfield planning and operation simulation project. The L&B team provided a special study for the airport master plan in order to help advance the airport in the 2019 version master plan to meet the airport’s functional requirements and strategic development goals and to achieve flexible and sustainable development at various phases in the future.
Beginning with the evaluation of the existing terminal area planning results, L&B analyzed the existing terminal area the facility capacity, and the terminal area the demand forecast in the near and long term, conducted an in-depth study on the terminal area development direction and the terminal building configuration, compared and finalized the recommended layout plan for the terminal area, and provided technical support for the determination of the master plan for the airport.
L&B main tasks include:
- Master plan assessment. Focus on the forecast, international and domestic passenger airport-wide allocation, apron planning, landside planning, terminal area construction phasing, passenger flow, etc., Also conduct re-evaluation and problem resolve analysis.
- Existing facility capacity assessment. Evaluate and determine the passenger capacity related to the existing facilities according to the number of terminal facilities, landside facilities, and airside facilities, combined with the corresponding industry standard assumption parameters.
- The terminal area future development model Study and facility requirements analysis. Based on the master plan of terminal ultimate capacity and terminal area planning, L&B sorted out the reasonable capacity and development strategies undertaken by the east and west terminal areas, recommend the airport’s future construction and development sequence, and based on this, each terminal facility demand analysis in different phases were carried out.
- Terminal configuration study. Study, compare and optimize the airport future east and west terminal areas terminal building configuration plans respectively. Combined with the airfield simulation results, the terminal building configuration plan suitable for the airport’s future development was finally determined which has provided the scheme reference for the master plan.
- Airside facilities and rail transit access routes optimization recommendations.
L&B team also completed special study and optimization recommendations for the second control tower site selection, taxiway system, airside facilities reserved, apron layout, and rail transit routing to the airport in combination with the recommended master planning scheme.
- The results of the task help the client to complete the preparation of the new master plan document successfully and to provide a scientific basis and technical reference for decision-makers and clients to formulate Shenyang Airport development plans in the future.
Other related studies include:
- Airfield Planning and Operation Simulation