Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
Client: Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
L&B has provided consulting services to the Broward County Aviation Department (BCAD) in the following areas:
- Airfield planning and operations analysis
- Airspace and obstructions analysis and mitigation
- One-engine inoperative procedures analysis
- Capacity/delay modeling
- Airport Layout Plans (ALPs)
- Airport GIS
- Gate utilization
- Terminal planning
- Aviation demand forecasts
- Airport market assessments
- Passenger surveys
- Land use plans
- Benefit cost/letter of intent application
- Financial feasibility report
- Environmental analyses
L&B provided BCAD staff with a GIS database of the airspace obstruction surfaces and penetrations.
L&B has been responsible for the operational assessments associated with the redesigned taxiway system that transformed the airfield to two parallel air carrier runways and cross‑field taxiway system.
L&B completed the benefit cost analysis (BCA)/letter of intent (LOI) for the new Runway 10R/28L; the planning and BCA for the Taxiway C extension; and the ALP approval for the new runway.
The construction phasing program, which maintained the highest level of operational efficiency and safety throughout the construction process, was developed with BCAD staff, the FAA Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT), and runway engineers.
These efforts led to the successful implementation of the new Runway 10R/28L in 2014.